ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite reclamation problem

2008-11-04 18:11:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Offsite reclamation problem
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:48:58 -0600
No, it's not bound by that rule.  That rule apparently only applies to
lower priority processes.  A restore will use the available drive(s) and
not bother the admin processes.  Not only that, but it will not cause
any running processes to get cancelled, and they'll sit and wait for an
available mount point if indeed they need to swap to another tape.  (as
reclamation often does).  Well, unless you start more than one restore,
:-D.  If you start two or three restores all bets are off, and what you
mention would be true.

I'm with ya' on the manual, although I've learned this over time and
experience more so than the book.

See Ya'
Howard

TSM
> > leave one tape drive always free, so no other tape process besides a
> > restore can access it?
> >
> > In our environment, we have 10 TSM servers sharing a tape library
> with
> > 24 LTO4 tape drives.  Each day they all have to accomplish the
entire
> > daily cycle of backup stgpools, db backups, migrations,
reclamations,