ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager and Migration question

2008-10-15 14:10:12
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager and Migration question
From: Jim Neal <jrneal AT BERKELEY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 11:03:49 -0700
Hi Debbie,

    There is absolutely no reason why you can't separate your current
configuration into a Library manager and library client without losing data.
IMHO the vendor that you hired does not seem really understand how TSM
works.  I recently had to do something similar here at UC Berkeley with our
3494 Library; and while it can be complex and time consuming, it can be done
without any data loss.

Jim Neal
Sr. TSM Administrator
IS&T Storage and Backup