ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager and Migration question

2008-10-15 14:02:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library Manager and Migration question
From: Mark Stapleton <Mark.Stapleton AT CDW DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:00:58 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf
> Due to the size and complexity of our environment, we contracted with
> vendor to do the setup and start the process.  Now that the contract
> has been signed and we have started our planning sessions, the vendor
> is having a problem with the library manager/client configuration.  At
> first he said that there was no such thing.  I sent him documentation
> and they also found an IBM redbook on the subject but now says that it
> is too complicated since our server is so large and that I will need
> partition the library, with some data loss!!  I am strongly against
> this setup and would like to know if I am wrong.  How difficult would
> it be to create a library manager and client setup for an existing
> environment?  I currently have over 1000 tapes onsite and as many
> offsite and naturally do not want to lose any data.  Thanks for the
> feedback.

It takes about 10 minutes to set up (not counting such non-TSM
activities such as SAN zoning and such).

I'd either get another engineer from the consulting firm (one who knows
what he's talking about), or get another consulting firm. You're dealing
with someone who knows a lot less than you do.

--
Mark Stapleton (mark.stapleton AT cdw DOT com)
CDW Berbee