ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: Recover log Mode...

2008-10-03 06:51:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: Recover log Mode...
From: Rolf Meyer <rolf.meyer AT RM-SYSTEMBERATUNG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 12:51:48 +0200
Hello,
Kiran schrieb:
> Any more suggestions on the below query please.
>
> I want to know the difference between normal and roll forward mode of
> recovery log

In normal mode the transaction log is cleared from the logfile after
commit. Database recovery is only poosible to the last full/incr db backup.

In rf mode the transaction log is held until next db backup and a db
recovery can be done with pont-in-time recovery up to the last
transaction happened before a crash.

Rolf Meyer
Systems consultant

Mühlenstraße 25