ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] archive management in case of ...

2008-09-30 05:33:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] archive management in case of ...
From: goc <gooooc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:32:08 +0200
thank you very much for your answer !

i might know the "consequences of vital archive files which are
supposed to be retained
for five years, which suddenly get cut back to 90 days because of a
management class slip-up in TSM server administration"

does that (all) mean if i create mc in new pd which has the exactly
same name and copy group values the data will preserve their original
retention ?

as for second ... yea. i have these administration files ... around
150 *.txt files with all kind of mumbo jumbo "define ... yada yada"
and other stuff :-)  , yes i agree that this kind of administration is
very useful but i tought i would make a step further with my "select
..." idea

thanks a lot again.

<me going to write select "define schedule" again>

peace,
//

--

Erma Bombeck