ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Fw: Windows GUI - unusably slow

2008-09-26 15:34:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] Fw: Windows GUI - unusably slow
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 15:32:53 -0400
> Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 09/26/2008 03:00 PM
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager".
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> Not behind a firewall nor running one since this box has a private
> connection to the backup server.
>
> This just started recently. It has been working. No, I do not know what
> changed. Supposedly nothing other than the usual Windows patches.
>
> FTP not allowed. Not running on the TSM servers.

"usual Windows patches" can cause more problems than you might believe.  If
a new NIC drive was installed, it could reset the duplex settings to
Autodetect, causing what you're seeing, so I second Wanda's idea to look at
that.  I'd expect that once you get logged in all the way, data transfers
(backup) would be painfully slow as well.

Nick Cassimatis