ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler Hang

2008-09-26 11:32:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Scheduler Hang
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:31:32 -0500
Since you are investing time in upgrading the client, why not go with
the 5.3.6 on the w2K boxes, and 5.5.1 on the 2003 boxes?  A 5.4 server
will handle 5.5 clients, and you will not have to go back to the 2003
servers when you upgrade your TSM server.

I remember having this problem on some boxes, before I upgraded, where
it was like everything on the server and client thought the backups were
running, but a query of the sessions on the server showed idlew, and no
increase of data flow.  The only thing that resolved our issues was the
client upgrade.  So, since I was having to touch the box anyway, I
started upgrading the clients as I found the problem, and wound up
saving more time than it cost.

See Ya'
Howard