ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Resourceutilization allows more tape mounts than

2008-09-24 16:21:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Resourceutilization allows more tape mounts than
From: "Schneider, John" <John.Schneider AT MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:19:37 -0500
Richard,
        Thank you for your reply.
        The clients I am referring to are AIX, as my original email
indicated.  Andy's explanation is a good one, and says the same thing
that the Performance Guide says.
        Neither explains the behavior we are seeing.  Resourceutil=10
should yield a maximum of 4 consumer sessions, and therefore a maximum
of 4 tape mounts.  So if maxnummp=4, then why are we still getting the:

ANR0539W Transaction failed for session 163135 for node APLORA01. This
node has exceeded its maximum number of mount points.

messages? Are we the only site seeing this?  Am I just nuts, or is TSM
really working differently than documented?  (Or both)  I guess I will
just reduce the resourceutil parameter until the problem goes away, and
just leave it a mystery.

By the way, this is a shared library, and as per Technote #1315592,
Resetdrives=yes on our shared library.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Email:  John.Schneider AT Mercy DOT net