ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Changing a library dev on lib path

2008-09-24 14:59:22
Subject: [ADSM-L] Changing a library dev on lib path
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 14:57:51 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I have a 3584 library (connected to AIX) for which I need to change the
device file
used in the library path.  It currently points to /dev/smc0 and I need to
change it
to /dev/smc4.

When run the following cmd, I am told that the lib is in use . . .

  update path tsmlm2 3584isoc srct=serv destt=library  device=/dev/smc4
  ANR8450E UPDATE PATH: Library 3584ISOC is currently in use.

I then try to put the path offline . . .this works, but the above command
still reports that the lib is is use.

  update path tsmlm2 3584isoc srct=serv destt=library  online=no
  ANR1722I A path from TSMLM2 to 3584ISOC has been updated.

  update path tsmlm2 3584isoc srct=serv destt=library  device=/dev/smc4
  ANR8450E UPDATE PATH: Library 3584ISOC is currently in use.

There ARE tape mounted in some drives.  Do I need to get
all the drives offline and demounted to do this?

What do I need to do to change the device of a library path?

What's happening . . .  We are upgrading the AIX server this saturday by
adding 2 additional I/O drawers.  These drawers will need a new/additional
RIO cable.  The RIO cables needs to use the same slot as one FC adapter
(slot 4 of the processor unit), so the FC adapter in slot 4 will be
removed.  That FC adapter has one set of lib/drives
defined on it, AND, those are the smc/rmt's used on the PATHs in TSM.
I added another fc adapter to the lpar and moved the drive paths to these
new RMT devices, but I'm having trouble moving the lib device.

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.