ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANS8010W

2008-09-23 11:13:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANS8010W
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:10:29 -0400
On Sep 23, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Jeff White wrote:

However, I am confused by the ANS8010E message exceeding the maximum
number
of retries. Does'nt DYNAMIC only try it once?

Yes; but the ANS8010E message may not relate to the Serialization value.
I would take a look at the TSM server Activity Log to see what action
the
server was taking at the time such that the client got the ANS1809W,
which
seems to contribute to a session-conduction limit count - rather than
the
actions involving client file access and sending.  It may be that
preemption
is causing the condition.  (Preemption can be artificially caused by
some
drives or paths being offline, resulting in a contention shortage.)

  Richard Sims