ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Auditbd help

2008-09-19 13:08:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Auditbd help
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT UNI-ULM DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 19:07:30 +0200
Hi,
i think you have to examine around 3*61 Mio =183 mio ,
as far as I can remember there are 3 objects for every file/directory -object
- the objects counted at the auditdb are not the just those objects we usually think of.

No one can say how long time this will take - it may also happen
that this process slows down or may get faster .

You may think  -with your IBM support-  about following:
" -though it is not recommended to interrupt an audit process, it is
 neither impossible nor forbidden
 - may be the server cannot be started after the interrupt because it
 asks for a successful audit - please just run in this case a partial
 audit with
 dsmserv auditdb admin fix=yes detail=yes > auditadmin.log
 It should take only a very short time and afterwards it should be
 possible to start the server (if the interrupt didn't cause any other
 issues preventing restart of the TSM server) "

good luck
Rainer

Zitat von "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>:

The results from the select 60,963,651

Expiration results for the same TSM server expiration: examined
124,304,930 objects

This TSM instance is approximately 1/2 the size of the DB being audited
and that has processed over 450 million entries.

I'm assuming the entries identified in the db updates is using more than
just number of files or objects.

Any other ideas ?