ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problem on connecting IBM LTO 2 3580 to TSM 5.4.0 ?

2008-09-17 01:02:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problem on connecting IBM LTO 2 3580 to TSM 5.4.0 ?
From: Martin Panggabean <martin.panggabean AT NIAGAPRIMA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:01:14 +0700
Thank You everyone for your information and support. I've able to load the
the tape using lin_tapexxx according to the Red Hat kernel and runs
properly.

Best Regards,

Martin Panggabean
TSM Implementor
@ Niagaprima

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:07:25 -0400, Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT

wrote:
> I don't know about a statement from IBM, but in the same directory as the
> readme are various files with the OS name in them (rhel4, rhel5, sles9,
> sles10) which are the files they the readme refers to.
>
> install.README
> lin_tape.fixlist
> lin_tape-1.16.0-1.src.rpm.bin
> lin_taped.README
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel4.i386.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel4.ia64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel4.ppc64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel4.s390.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel4.s390x.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel4.x86_64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel5.i386.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel5.ia64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel5.ppc64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel5.s390x.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-rhel5.x86_64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles9.i386.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles9.i586.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles9.ia64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles9.ppc64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles9.s390.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles9.s390x.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles9.x86_64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles10.i386.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles10.ia64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles10.ppc64.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles10.s390x.rpm.bin
> lin_taped-1.16.0-sles10.x86_64.rpm.bin
>
> The install.README file contains instruction on how to rpmbuild the
driver
> you need.
>
> 1 - Download the appropriate level of the source RPM package to a
> directory of
> your choice on the Linux kernel for which you wish to install it.
>
> 2 - Run rpmbuild --rebuild <filename>, where filename is the name of the
> RPM
> file.  This will create a binary RPM package for your kernel from the
> source RPM
> package.
>
> and so on.............
>
> My Linux guy tried this on his Fedora workstation and it would not
> complile.  It specifically wants a server-class OS.

service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Linux/lin_tape_source-lin_taped/install.README