ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Xseries w/ iSeriestape library

2008-09-12 15:32:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Xseries w/ iSeriestape library
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:30:36 -0600
I don't have any specific knowledge of your set up, but one thing that could be
happening is a mismatch between the SCSI ID and Element number of the drive.
I've seen this happen: library mounts a tape in a drive and TSM tries to mount
the tape in the other drive.  Thus, TSM does not see the tape that got mounted.
 In your case this is pretty easy to fix: switch the SCSI/Element around and
see if that resolves the problem.

Otherwise, I've got no idea!

Kelly Lipp
CTO