ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Problem on connecting IBM LTO 2 3580 to TSM 5.4.0 ?

2008-09-12 10:42:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Problem on connecting IBM LTO 2 3580 to TSM 5.4.0 ?
From: Keith Arbogast <warbogas AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 10:41:27 -0400
Zoltan,
I'm not finding the compilable source you mentioned, although I'm
eager to be freed of drivers limited to specific kernels.

When I go to the download location for Linux tape device drivers
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Linux/lin_tape_source-
lin_taped/  and open install-README, it states:

"The lin_tape driver is now released as a source RPM package.  The
lin_taped daemon and IBMtapeutil are released as a set of binary RPM
packages, with a separate binary package for each architecture. ...
The kernels for which this driver is IBM certified are listed on the
System Storage Interoperation Center website:   http://www-03.ibm.com/
systems/support/storage/config/ssic/displayesssearchwithoutjs.wss?
start_over=yes

IBM does not guarantee correct operation of the lin_tape driver on
any other kernel or operating system."

The System Storage Interoperation Center website returns a specific
Linux kernel for the particulars of my TSM environment.

Is there another location for the new compilable source? And a recent
statement from IBM describing the change?

Thank you and best wishes,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University