ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM 5.5 (CLIENT/SERVER)

2008-09-10 11:43:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SV: TSM 5.5 (CLIENT/SERVER)
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 11:42:38 -0400
Hi,

One of our two TSM servers hit with TSM table locking at 5.5.0 with
performing a long running restore.   We upgraded to 5.5.1 and have been in
a steady state since.

TSM OS AIX, 5.3
Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition 5.5.1.0 currently

However, our second TSM server which backs up to a CENTERA  Device.   We
have open service calls with AIX and TSM support working on the following
issue.   We collected a bunch of data which both hardware and TSM support
is currently working on.     After upgrading this TSM server from 5.2 to
5.5 we began to experience paging problems on the server.   So, bad in
fact that AIX started killing processes.   The only change we had made
that started this issue was to upgrade from TSM 5.2 to TSM 5.5 and
installing a SDK 3.2.1 install seperately for the Centera piece.   I would
be interested if anyone experienced the same issue or if anyone is using a
Centera with a similiar environment and  if you are experiencing any
issues.

AIX 5.3, ML 3
TSM upgrade 5.2 to 5.5.0 and install of SDK 3.2.1(with newer version of
TSM server install of SDK must be installed seperately.  It used to be
bundled in the with the TSM upgrades).

Thank You,

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
HealthNow, NY
716-887-7979

Christian Svensson <Christian.Svensson AT CRISTIE DOT SE>
09/10/2008 10:49 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] SV: TSM 5.5 (CLIENT/SERVER)

Hi,
Do not upgrade to 5.5.0 because you got critical issues in 5.5.0
We have upgrade many servers to 5.5.1 and that works much better so
upgrade to 5.5.1.

Best Regards
Christian Svensson

WW Support: +44-1453-84 7009
U.S. Support: +1-866-832-2267
Cell: +46-70-325 1577
E-mail: Christian.Svensson AT cristie DOT se
Skype: cristie.christian.svensson