ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Moving a Wintel node to a new piece of like hardware

2008-09-03 17:49:52
Subject: [ADSM-L] Moving a Wintel node to a new piece of like hardware
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 17:48:49 -0400
Hello TSMers,

What constitutes the TSM server to backup a node which is moved to a new
piece of like hardware and keeps the same nodename and ip address?

We are migrating a couple servers from a remote location that are
currently backing up to a TSM server at this remote location which is at
TSM server version 5.4.1.0 and AIX operating system at 5.3.   There are a
few nodes that will keep their current node names and current ip addresses
but will be moving to a new piece of hardware.   We are exporting nodedata
and policy information to LTO tape and then importing that information
into my TSM server.    My question is when I go to do the first backup for
this node to my TSM server ,   Will my TSM server see this as a new node
and back it up as a full the first time or will it be business as  usual
and just perform an incremental backup.

Background:

TSM Server:
TSM Server Version:    5.5.1.0
Operating System:        AIX, 5.3

TSM Node:
TSM Client Version 5.4.1.4
Operating System:  Windows 2003

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
HealthNow, NY
716-887-7979

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential,
trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original
message.