ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Trouble doing a db restore

2008-08-27 09:29:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Trouble doing a db restore
From: Remco Post <remco AT PIPSWORLD DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:28:23 +0200
On 27 aug 2008, at 15:18, Lee, Gary D. wrote:

Server version 5.2.10
OS solaris 8, and solaris 9.

Scenario:

Take db snapshot to nfs mounted filesystem from production server
solaris v2.8 tsm v5.2.10.

Restore from snapshot onto test server v5.2.10 on solaris 9.

DB restore runs through, recovery log records are processed, and at
the end of it all, the server dies with message

ANR7821s: thread terminated due to segmentation violation.

This is testing a scenario for a migration of our tsm servers to new
hardware.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I really would like to avoid having
to export all our clients to a new server.

1- server version 5.2 is ancient, is it even compatible with solaris 9?
2- ok, maybe it is, since solaris 9 is ancient too
3- what command did you use to restore the db?
4- have you tries using a more up2date server release on the target
system?

Gary Lee
Senior System Programmer
Ball State University