ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Administrative Tasks

2008-08-21 21:46:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Administrative Tasks
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:45:12 -0500
Under the reclamation section:
D.      I don't mess with thresholds at all and use the "reclaim stg"
process with/without duration limits. (NOTE:  this allows running
multiple processes against the same pool where just setting thresholds
does not, and many other benefits.)

Under Installing new clients:
A.      Data Protection Agents and their quirks. (Include setting up
Policy Domains for each type, i.e. Oracle is setup completely different
from SQL Server, which is completely different from Exchange, etc.).
B.      File Backup/Archive tweaks.

You might want to discuss how to get / direct data from clients to
specific media i.e. Disk, Tape, Centera, Optical, VTL, disk file type,
etc. and migrating / copying data between them.  (setting hi & lo
thresholds for migration as opposed to using the "migrate stg" command,
using move data, etc.)

See Ya'
Howard