ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration on a Test server

2008-08-15 10:45:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Expiration on a Test server
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:38:10 -0400
Zoltan -

I wouldn't touch this configuration with someone else's sharp stick.

For one thing, to run expiration in a realistic manner you'll be limited to one
run per day unless you change the date on the test server.

I'd break the testing into at least two stages -- one as a stand-alone, running
the expire inventory with the production database copy, and the second as a TSM
server with it's own database (not sure of the terminology here; we've never
set up multiple servers with one library manager).

If you could logically or physically partition the library for a while that
would let you test the library interface before swapping servers.

Tom