ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Different nodes backing up under same name

2008-08-14 23:19:34
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Different nodes backing up under same name
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:18:32 -0400
Bob,

We have some situations where we want to do something similar.  What I
have found to be the simplest is to set up each machine as if they were
going to be backed up individually, with dsm.opt files that reference
their unique machine names.  This opt file is used for the dsmcad and
scheduler services.  Then I create a 2nd opt file on each machine that
uses the common nodename I want all the data stored under.  Then rather
than scheduling an incremental backup, I create a schedule(s) that are
defined as command action, with the object pointing to a simple batch
file that I have copied to each machine.  This script runs the dsmc i
command using the -optfile=<2nd optfile> parameter.  This way each
machine is easily scheduled but the data all gets backed up under the
common nodename.  I have examples if you want to email me offline.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer, Windows
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee