ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating from old server to new server.

2008-08-14 04:03:35
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migrating from old server to new server.
From: "Bos, Karel" <Karel.Bos AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:02:20 +0200
Hi,

Whenever I have to move or add a server to our ITSM landscape, I use the
enterprise config option. Simply add the new server to the config
manager, activate my sync all important stuff policy (admins, scripts,
domains and all things I want available on all my servers), deactivated
this policy (without deleting the just sync stuff) and put the new ITSM
server in my sync stuff enterprise config manager policy. One place to
update admin passwords, generic scripts and more gooddies.

Regards,

Karel