ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Weird duplicate device in Win2003 install

2008-07-29 08:04:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Weird duplicate device in Win2003 install
From: Bill Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:03:03 -0400
Check the IBM Tape Device Drivers Installation and User's Guide and read
about Control Path Failover and Data Path Failover. Or have you "SAN guy"
re-zone so that the tape drives are split across the 2 HBA's. Put 2 LTO4's
per HBA. Spread the load. The device driver is a failover driver, not load
balancing. There might be a cost associated with activating the failover
support.

Bill Boyer
"If at first you don't succeed, try management." - ??