ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM licensing question.

2008-07-23 16:16:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM licensing question.
From: Ben Bullock <BBullock AT BCIDAHO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:14:36 -0600
I am once again burdened with the idiocy that is TSM licensing with all the
manual CPU determining, core counting & weighted PVU madness that's involved.

Just as a favor to others on the list, here are a few links that are helpful in
this endeavor:

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/lotus/passportadvantage/pvu_licensing_for_customers.html
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/lotus/passportadvantage/guide_to_identifying_processor_family.html
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/lotus/passportadvantage/IBM_servers_processor_family_identification_support.html
https://www-112.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage/valueunitcalculator/vucalc.wss

Anyways, my question is this. I am backing up some very old Pentium 3 servers.
What is the cost per core on those? I'd like to think it's valued at 30 PVUs
like some of the other old CPUs on the list, but I am afraid it's valued at 100
PVUs, like the other single core CPUs.

Anyone have some insight?

Thanks,
Ben

The BCI Email Firewall made the following annotations
*Confidentiality Notice:

This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received
this communication in error, please do not distribute, and
delete the original message.

Thank you for your compliance.

You may contact us at:
Blue Cross of Idaho