ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] samples/drafts of SLA questionnaires for backup & retention?

2008-07-14 16:52:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] samples/drafts of SLA questionnaires for backup & retention?
From: "Laughlin, Lisa" <Lisa.Laughlin AT DOR.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:51:10 -0500
I thought I'd try to refine the request....maybe get a taker or two.

What questions do you ask an application provider  when they request TSM
services-an analogy I can see here is in academia-New NSF grant money
for study, includes hw/sw.  Prof has oodles of grad students writing
apps to gather data. Have different servers on Campus resources.
Professor wants to utilize central backups for his/her new toys.  What
questions do you ask of the Prof to ensure you have met his b/a
requirements, and recovery time objective and recovery point objective-
on all of the servers & all of his data   or do you bother?

thanks!
lisa