ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] New Tape Library

2008-07-12 15:07:45
Subject: [ADSM-L] New Tape Library
From: Hemi <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 14:27:35 -0400
Hi All ,

Im new to this forum ..I have similar kind of situation where we had to replace
DELL libraries with IBM 3584ATL to windows HOST.My onsite person had pluged OFF
the old library .... And Plugged in the new library (3584ATL) ... And device
driver for 3584atl has been overwritten the previous DELL library ...We are
able to configure the new library and drives of the new one ...and backups are
migrating to tapes of 3584atl...but we have a problem moving the tapes from old
library to new library in TSM level ...
It shows in private status with last_use as NULL for few tapes which are
already checked out ...

For other tapes which are not checked out from libv with old library ...
Shows 2 entries in the libvol
..
 my question is ..how to checkin the used tapes of old library to new one , and
 same data need to be accessed by the new libr when the old library is fully
plugged off..