ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] iscsi world as it relates to TSM world

2008-07-10 16:15:51
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] iscsi world as it relates to TSM world
From: "Schneider, John" <John.Schneider AT MERCY DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:14:27 -0500
Howard,
        Thanks for your input.  Our very vocal proponent of iscsi is
probably getting his information from a Gartner-wannabe trade rag that
is being sponsored by iscsi vendors.  He is from our Network group, and
has never been responsible for a storage environment himself.  By
unfortunately, management tends to listen to people that speak with a
tone of authority, even when they are just parroting someone else.
        But since I am not an authority either, it seemed like a good
idea to ask ADSM-L for advice.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
Phone: 314-364-3150