ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Solid database and TSM backups

2008-07-10 11:16:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] Solid database and TSM backups
From: "Laughlin, Lisa" <Lisa.Laughlin AT DOR.MO DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:14:16 -0500
Good Morning all,

Does anyone have any servers running solid databases that are backed up
by TSM?  I just found out we now need to ensure recoverability  of this
IVR system.  The contactor provided information on backups via Symantec
Intelligent Disaster Recovery.  We are a TSM shop and have been directed
to back up to TSM.  Which , being perfectly literal, I can do-but I am
sure that what is meant "recover" via TSM.

Anyone been down this road before?  Any and all assistance, thoughts,
experience would be appreciated!!

Thanks!!
-lisa

Lisa Laughlin
Missouri Office of Administration
ITSD Revenue-Network Services
lisa.laughlin AT dor.mo DOT gov
573.751.1206
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
This electronic transmission may contain information that is
confidential, privileged, and prohibited from disclosure and
unauthorized use pursuant to applicable law.  If you are the intended
recipient of this transmission, be advised that its use is restricted by
law and for the purpose stated herein.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this transmission, take notice that any viewing, use,
dissemination, or copying of the information transmitted herewith is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error,
please return it to the sender and delete all copies from your system.