ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] partial and complete backup

2008-07-10 04:21:10
Subject: [ADSM-L] partial and complete backup
From: Marc REYNES <marc.reynes AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:18:55 +0200
Hello

I'm running TSM client in an authorized user configuration.
This authorized user has specific ACL set on the directory we want to
backup.

It drived me to launch my backup by specifying the filespace I want to
backup while calling dsmc ; for exemple  :
dsmc incr /appli/myappli /config/myconfig/ /data/mydata/

As far i understand, I only perform partial backup in this way, meaning
that :
- changes on security attributes (ACL, unix rights)  are not detected
- old-dated files new to client are not detected
- deleted files are not expired

I thought changing my use of the TSM Client using domain and inclexl
list but I'm encoutering the following problem :
- I set my domain to "domain /appli/ /config/ /data/"
-I set an inclexcl list to something like :
exclude.dir /.../*
include /appli/myappli/
include /config/myconfig/
include /data/mydata/

The problem is that "exclude.dir" is processed first and then overrides
all my include statements.
I can't exclude.dir all the directories but the ones I want to backup as
I don't want to modify my configuration everytime a new directory is
created in the filesystem
I can't use virtualmountpoint as it would be an hassle to maintain (I
have a several myappli, myconfig, mydata) and restoration to a directory
other than the original one would be a mess.

Has someone a good idea for my case ?

Regards
mrs