ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Journaling database retaining upon reboot?

2008-07-09 10:39:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Journaling database retaining upon reboot?
From: Erwann Simon <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 16:38:20 +0200
Hi Charles,

Look at the PreserveDbOnExit parameter of the tsmjbbd.ini configuration file.

As a general reference about JBB, read the FAQ :

Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON

Bell, Charles (Chip) a écrit :
I have a machine that has 36 NTFS Mount Points, each with millions of files.
Since they are all hosted on the same machines, TSM Support highly
recommended setting up a node for each, and to have TSM journal each. Now I
am running into a situation where every time that machine is rebooted for
patches/etc., the incrementals have to rebuild the journal database. Is there
a way to avoid that, as I am only 1/3 of the way through the Mount Point
Usage (They have only used 12 of the 36 thus far). Please help. J God bless you!!! Chip Bell Network Engineer I
IBM Tivoli Certified Deployment Professional (ITSM)
Baptist Health System Birmingham, AL

Confidentiality Notice:
confidential information and intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named in the address. If you are not the
distribution, or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender and delete this information from your computer
and retain no copies of any of this information.

Ce message ne contient aucun virus connu. http://www.astaro.fr

Ce message ne contient aucun virus connu. http://www.astaro.fr