ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Merge backup objects with other clients'

2008-06-27 07:40:23
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Merge backup objects with other clients'
From: Gerhard Ginzler <gjg AT MEDUNIWIEN.AC DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:39:35 +0200
To merge filespaces from node old_node to node new_node:
(1) ren n new_node new_node.temp
(2) ren n old_node new_node
(3) export n new_node filed=what_you_want dev=your_dev s=y
    you will get a list of export volumes
(4) ren n new_node old_node
(5) ren n new_node.temp new_node
(6) im n new_node filed=what_you_want dev=your_dev r=n vol=your_vols

It's painful, but it works.

Gerhard Ginzler
Medical University Vienna

Keith Arbogast schrieb:
How can I merge the backup objects from two existing TSM clients with
the backup storage of a new third client?  Because of user migrations
to the new server, all three clients must be in Production
simultaneously for a few weeks. One of the old clients occupies 944
GB of storage. The other occupies 629 GB.

The two old clients are running Windows NT with TSM at 5.4.1.2 and
5.4.1.4. The new client is running Windows 2008 and TSM 5.5. Our
Linux TSM server is at 5.4.0.3.

Thank you,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University