ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Server stgpool volumes and GPT

2008-06-25 03:54:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Server stgpool volumes and GPT
From: Henrik Vahlstedt <SHWL AT STATOILHYDRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:52:44 +0200

Thanks for the answer Skylar!

Offset, alligment or diskcrossing problem is an Intel architecture
problem hitting both Linux and Windows. In Windows you can use diskpar
or diskpart to overcome it. EMC have an white paper "Aligning GPT Basic
and Dynamic Disks For Microsoft Windows 2003".
However, we lazy uneducated Windows administrators don't tend to care
about it if we cant use a GUI...

//Henrik