ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Vanishing Vault Retrieve tapes

2008-06-21 10:00:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Vanishing Vault Retrieve tapes
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 09:59:14 -0400
They don't "expire"; but if somebody does something to delete those tapes
from TSM, yes DRM will lose track of them:

   - somebody runs a DELETE VOLHIST for the DBbackup or DBSnapshot tapes
   - somebody runs a MOVE DRMEDIA for the stgpool tapes
   - somebody runs a DELETE VOLUME with DISCARDDATA=yes

Search your actlog for the tape volser.
If somebody ran an extra MOVE DRMEDIA, you'll see where it was deleted from
the stgpool.
And search for DELETE VOLHIST.

The culprit will be in your actlog, somewhere....