ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ASR Restore Problem Win2K3

2008-06-19 15:56:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] ASR Restore Problem Win2K3
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:50:19 -0400
 ASR Restore Problem Win2K3
I had a problem about a month ago with a similarly built server
Basically, the ASR restore completes but Windows is a default state when
it returns with a login box that takes only Administrator w/o password,
no domain selection, etc. Then once I click to login tells me Windows
needs to be activated.
I assure you this is not how it was before the restore and we have done
a couple of successful restores on the Win2K3 platform. One thing in
common between this server and the last is that there is a Dell tools
partition on harddisk0\partition1

The OS is loaded on harddisk0\partition2

Does anyone have any clue why this is may not be restoring successfully?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestionsn or comments!