ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] IBM p 520 vs. p 570

2008-06-16 18:04:16
Subject: [ADSM-L] IBM p 520 vs. p 570
From: "Nancy R. Brizuela" <Brizuela AT UWYO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:03:58 -0600
Hi All,

We are thinking of replacing our IBM p 570 with a p 520.  This server
would be used exclusively for TSM backups.  We back up about 1.5 TB
every night.  We have two tape libraries, one about 50 miles from here
and one locally, where we send all the backup data (about 66 TB total).
We have 8 tape drives locally and 5 tape drives at the remote library.
Our database and storage pools are on our SAN.

What do folks think about the p 570 performance vs. the p 520--better or
worse?  Has anyone made this same switch or is anyone using a p 520?  If
so, how are things going?  What's your environment look like?

Thanks!

Nancy Brizuela, CPA
Systems Programmer, Senior
University of Wyoming