ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Dismounting Tapes

2008-06-13 11:28:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Dismounting Tapes
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:27:48 -0700
Lepre, James wrote:
Hello Everyone,

  I am having problem with tapes not being dismounted.  We have a VTL
and when it tries to replicate to another VTL it fails because a virtual
tape in still in a virtual drive.  When I do a Q MO the tape is in the
drive sitting idle.  Is there a way to have TSM automatically dismount
idle tapes.

Take a look at the MOUNTRETENTION option in the device class for the VTL
drives. The default is an hour, but you can dial it down as low as you
want it to go.

-- Foege Building S048, (206)-685-7354