ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] After upgrading to 5.5.0.3

2008-06-11 07:25:00
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] After upgrading to 5.5.0.3
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 07:22:14 -0400
On Jun 11, 2008, at 1:46 AM, Robert Ouzen Ouzen wrote:

I just upgrade my Tsm server Version 5, Release 5, Level 0.3 on an
AIX-RS/6000   and got few problems that never occur before:

1.       I got this message trying to delete a tape with the data on
it (discardd=yes)

ANR2229W Discard data process terminated for volume
000072L2 - internal server error detected. (SESSION:
10424, PROCESS: 72)

Don't be shy about searching for error conditions at the TSM Support
Page, which has that one.  The perils of being on the bleeding edge.

ANR1086E Space reclamation is ended for volume 000040L2. There is
insufficient
space in storage pool.

We don't know what your 'maxscratch' script is doing or the
significance of its report.  Look in detail at volume usage relative
to the definition of MAXSCRatch, particularly assuring that all non-
full volumes are writable, and make sure you are taking into account
the device class being used relative to any others you may have in
play.  In some cases, library issues underly the problem, where an
Audit Library will at least temporarily correct the condition (as is
performed in a TSM restart).

   Richard Sims