ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] After upgrading to 5.5.0.3

2008-06-11 01:48:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] After upgrading to 5.5.0.3
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:46:43 +0300
Hi to all

I just upgrade my Tsm server Version 5, Release 5, Level 0.3 on an  AIX-RS/6000
  and got few problems that never occur before:

1.       I got this message trying to delete a tape with the data on it
(discardd=yes)

ANR2229W Discard data process terminated for volume

000072L2 - internal server error detected. (SESSION:

10424, PROCESS: 72)

ANR2229W: Discard data process terminated for volume volume name - internal
server error detected.

Explanation

The process that was deleting data for the volume shown, in preparation for
deleting the volume, has ended due to a server internal error.

System action

The server does not delete the volume

User response

Contact your service representative.

2.       Got this message trying to do a reclaim on a specific storage (try to
do a move data got the same error)

   ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class I2000CLASS, status: RESERVED.

ANR8334I         3 matches found.

ANR8337I LTO volume 000040L2 mounted in drive I2000DRV3 (/dev/rmt2).

ANR0512I Process 122 opened input volume 000040L2.

ANR1086E Space reclamation is ended for volume 000040L2. There is insufficient

space in storage pool.

ANR0985I Process 122 for SPACE RECLAMATION running in the BACKGROUND completed

with completion state FAILURE at 07:47:40.

As you sse I have enough scratch volumes for this storage

tsm: ADSM>run maxscratch

Stg Pool Adsm                TB  PctUtl    Logi  Run?   Recl    Max  VolUsed
Diff

-----

I-WINDOWS                  1.29    23.6   100.0  NO      100      4
2             2

Any suggestions will be appreciate …

Regards

Robert Ouzen