ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] VMware and TSM Backup - Survey

2008-05-29 17:23:04
Subject: [ADSM-L] VMware and TSM Backup - Survey
From: Kelly Lipp <lipp AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:21:51 -0600
Folks,

I'm trying to determine what our community is doing with respect to
backing up VMware to TSM.  If you are so inclined, please answer and
send to me privately.

I am interested in understanding the intersection between TSM and
VMware...

Are you backing up VMware Virtual Machines?

Are you using VMware Consolidated Backup (VCB) or are you using a TSM
Client in the VM or both?

Are you using TSM's new Backup VM command (available in TSM V5.5)?

How many ESX servers and how many VMs?

If you aren't Virtualized yet, do you intend to be?

Have you thought about how to backup your VM environment?

Any other ideas/issues you want to kick around...

If it is true this is a subject of general interest, we can leave it in
the forum as we go round and round.

Thanks,

Kelly Lipp

CTO