ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM, MS Clustering & Mountpoints

2008-05-29 06:49:25
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM, MS Clustering & Mountpoints
From: "Schaub, Steve" <steve_schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 06:48:14 -0400
W2K3 R2 SP2 x64

TSM 5.5.0.0

I've backed up clustered vols before by using a special .opt file that
uses a common nodename and clustermode=yes which seemed to work fine
when I was dealing with regular data volumes.

Now I have a cluster that is using DFS and mountpoints, and this method
does not seem to work - when I specify clustermode, tsm doesn't "see"
the mountpoints.  If I back them up using the physical server opt file,
it works fine, but the unc contains the physical server who currently
owns the resource, which will cause me problems when machines get failed
over.

If anyone has come across this and solved it, please let me know.  I'm
thinking of using the new "asnodename", but I cant until our tsm servers
are updated to a newer level.

Thanks,

Steve Schaub

Systems Engineer, Windows

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

423-535-6574 (desk)

423-785-7347 (mobile)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm