ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Possible to run multiple ACSLS servers with a single TSM AIX serve?

2008-05-28 16:13:05
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Possible to run multiple ACSLS servers with a single TSM AIX serve?
From: Tom Wright <twright AT GRESHAMSTORAGE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 15:11:49 -0500
Larry,

As you mentioned, there is a third party product from Gresham that is sold by
IBM and Sun called Enterprise DistribuTape (EDT). It allows for the TSM server
to communicate with multiple ACSLS media managers and provides drive sharing
without the need for a TSM Media server among other things.

The ability to communicate with multiple ACSLS servers lends itself nicely for
communicating with both a local and remote library to improve business
resilience.  One copy can go to the local library and a second copy can go to a
remote library.

Tom Wright