ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tape Reclaim Question

2008-05-15 17:59:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tape Reclaim Question
From: "Lamb, Charles P." <cplamb AT NPPD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 16:57:49 -0500
Hi.....

TSM V5.4.3.0
AIX V5.3 TL7

I have been doing some checking on on-site tapes via q volume * f=d
command and other scripts.  The two TSM database values which we have
been checking are percent utilized and percent reclaim.

Some of the on-site tapes do not have a reverse of each other numbers.
Some on-site tapes show percent utilized at 1% and at 0% reclaim.  Are
they not to add up to 100??  Off-site tapes look OK regarding these
numbers.

I thought that any tape at 30% or below utilized value or 70% or above
reclaim value, they would be part of the tape reclaim process if reclaim
is set at 70?

Did I miss something during my TSM classes and the years of being a TSM
admin?? or am  I thinking  I have lost my mind.  What have I missed??