ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] STGPOOL migration thresholds

2008-05-14 10:07:30
Subject: [ADSM-L] STGPOOL migration thresholds
From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme24x7 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:05:21 -0500
What are people using for storage pool migration thresholds these days?
Do the speed and capacity of modern secondary storage make it more
practical to have a very low threshold?

In particular, I'm expecting a large number of large backups as some
WinNT file permissions get updated en masse. If I'm expecting
continual floods of data, I figure we ought to migrate large amounts
each time, but I'm wondering what I'm missing.

Collocation, mount times, and seek times are all factors, but we're
using VTLs that should reduce mount and seek times.

So, what are you using, and with what technology?

Thanks,
Nick