ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restore Query From DSMC

2008-05-14 08:39:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restore Query From DSMC
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 07:38:01 -0500
Actually you can do this quite easily, if you look on the TSM server
under the node name you'll see the file space name.  If you use as your
source instead of "E:\" use "\\oldnodename\e$\*" life should be good.
Under the node you want to restore from in TSM you'll see the proper
name of the file space to use.

The reason this is a problem is that even though you have the new node
logging into TSM as the old node name it's still looking for "E:\" using
the hostname of the box your doing the restore from.  So if I have
"oldnode" and "newnode" and I used your syntax, it would look for a file
space by the name of "\\newnode\e$".

Hope This helps, and as always, any inaccuracy corrections requested,
:-D.

See Ya'
Howard

www.emailsystems.com