ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Journal Engine install on Windows

2008-05-07 15:06:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Journal Engine install on Windows
From: Andy Huebner <Andy.Huebner AT ALCONLABS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 14:05:01 -0500
Short version:
1. Install the Journal Engine; next backup is a full scan.
2. Stop the Journal Engine for any reason; next backup is a full scan.
3. Journal DB becomes full; next backup is a full scan.
4. Nothing bad happens all day; next backup is a Journal backup.

The servers we use the Journal service on also happen to be scheduled
for regular (weekly, monthly) reboots, but if they were not on a
schedule we would stop and start the Journal service on a regular basis.

Andy Huebner