ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Fantasy TSM

2008-05-07 07:28:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Fantasy TSM
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 07:27:45 -0400
Sung Lee wrote:

One more on my list.

Ability to perform a full backup without having to use many methods or
options and  ability to perform full backup using TSM schedule without
having to specifying objects or directories.

Just as same the way dsmc i works, but only with dsmc sel.

For example, if you do dsmc sel, it will go thru the whole system and
backup everything including system objects/system states (for windows) ,
the same way dsmc i would

Sung Y. Lee.

Yes, I  thought about this one also a couple of weeks ago when someone
ask about doing a full backup on the
fly without being on are nightly schedule. I wasn't sure if I could do
this or not from the command line.