ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Directory Structure Expires

2008-05-06 17:47:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Directory Structure Expires
From: Joe Crnjanski <JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 17:43:10 -0400
We had same problem. GUI behavior is by design.
You need to add command in your dsm.opt
DIRMC           longretentionmgmtclass

If you don't have this command directories get bind to management class that
has shortest retention time (or something like this); I always need to look at
manual when I need to understand this command.
If you go in gui, click on directory, than click on info button, it will show
you to which mgmt class that directory is bound.

If you know your path you can use command line to restore required file.

Joe Crnjanski
Infinity Network Solutions Inc.
Phone: 416-235-0931 x226
Fax:     416-235-0265