ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client causes the content of API folder disappear?

2008-05-01 18:55:54
Subject: [ADSM-L] upgrade TSM 5.5 client causes the content of API folder disappear?
From: Avy Wong <AWong AT MOHEGANSUN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 18:40:47 -0400
Hello,
      When upgrading TSM client to 5.5.0.4 causes the content of API folder
to disappear. This is a window 2003 standard edition. TDP is DB2.
The upgrade is the typical install, but causes the DB2 have exit error.

The problem we are seeing when we upgrade the TSM 5.5.0.4 client from
5.3.4.4 is that the new API does not work with the DB2 user exit program.
It functions well with the 5.3.4.4 client.  Once the upgrade completes we
start seeing the following errors when issuing the commands below:

c:\> db2adutil query full
Initialize environment failed to ADSM return code 610.

c:\> db2 backup database toolsdb use tsm
SQL2062N An error occurred while accessing media
"C:\program files\IBM\sqllib\bin\db2tsm.dll".  Reason code "610"

I was told that I do not have to upgrade the TDP piece at the same time.
How do you resolve this problem? I noticed the all the stuff inside the API
folder disappear. All that is left is dsm file. I do not see BIN, DLL,
icc32, INCLUDE, LIB, OBJ, SAMPRUN, SAmPSRC, apienu.dll, descenu.txt,
descenu.txt.bak2, dsierror.log, dsm.opt, dsmerror.log

Any idea?

I appreciate your help.

Avy Wong
Business Continuity Administrator