ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ANS9999E Win32 RC 1450

2008-04-30 22:59:06
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ANS9999E Win32 RC 1450
From: Orville Lantto <orville.lantto AT GLASSHOUSE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 22:57:45 -0400
I have cured this problem on several machines by switching to Journal based
backup.  I am not quite sure why it works, but some of my RC 1450 errors
disappeared.  We also eliminated some boot switches having to do with memory,
-3Gb, if I remember right.

In the end, there is an upper limit to how many files TSM can handle within
Windows memory limitations.  Are you using 64 bit Windows 2003?

To solve the myriad of issues with large file servers, we have moved them all
to NetApp and use Snapshots and Snapmirror for backup.  Works slick!

FYI, there are also some post SP2 Hot fixes for VSS that address a memory leak
in VSS that you may consider deploying.  This is probably not related, but I
put it out there.  It got rid of a rash of VSS E-OUTOFMEMORY errors for us.

Orville L. Lantto