ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Retain All Existing TSM Backup / Archive Data for 10Yrs

2008-04-29 10:45:25
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Retain All Existing TSM Backup / Archive Data for 10Yrs
From: "Hart, Charles A" <charles_hart AT UHC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:43:00 -0500
Thanks for input, we've done the same thing for the Exchange
Environment, but I was under the impressions that once data is Archived
using the TSM ba client archive function that you could not extend the
retention on exiting archives...   Example Client A Archives data to a
2yr Mgmtclass (Archive CopyGroup) then for the process below (New Domain
with BU/Archive Copygroups set to 10years the archives that were
processed with a 2year archive copygroup would still drop of in 2 years
not the new 10year copygroup setting in the new domain structure.

Thanks

Charles Hart