ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Copypool Tape Ownership

2008-04-28 17:15:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Copypool Tape Ownership
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:14:25 -0400
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 15:53:19 -0500, "Haberstroh, Debbie (IT)" <HABERDE AT
>> VOUGHTAIRCRAFT DOT COM> said:

> I have found several different papers but one that I have referred
  to was written by Allen S. Rout, 50 ways.  He lists several
  different ways to migrate to a new server and this is one of them.
  I haven't read anything about splitting the Configuration Manager.
  As for the MCs, since I am restoring the database and not changing
  the management classes, I don't believe that they will need to
  rebind but if I am wrong, someone please let me know.

I'm not familliar with configuration manager features: never got into
them.

There really isn't a change, per se, to the management classes: there
is duplication, and then there is deletion.

The delicate part is making really-really sure that you're zapping the
correct bits from both places.

- Allen S. Rout

I should review those whitepapers.